Friday, February 11, 2011

Week Ends........

Wow - they come and go so fast. Although maybe not fast enough with the cold weather! Anyway, another week end has started. It was a very cold - BRRRR - week. Three straight days of below zero weather. You know what that does for the school kids?? Inside recess for three days in a row. We were all ready to get outside today and glad for the announcement at 10:00 - It will be outside recess today!!! Now we are looking forward to warmer temps all next week. We are actually looking at a 50 degree difference in temps!!

Well, last week end turned out to be a bummer. I woke up Saturday and decided I better get into the Dr. since my eye was all red and appeared to be infected. Yes, indeed, it was "pink eye". Along with a staph/strep infection in one lymph gland which was swollen to the size of a golf ball. Oh, and also no voice and instructions to "not even whisper". Yeah right!! Anyway, I wasn't very happy as I had lots of plans that I had to cancel. I came home and hibernated on the couch - maybe even pouted a little. And even had to miss the Super Bowl!!! Dan joined me as he was miserable with a cold. We each had our couch and blanket. Anyway, all is well now.

We did manage to celebrate birthdays a little bit. Travis turned 15 - my baby - and Michael turned 23. Danelle was home for the week end so we were all together. Travis had his favorite spaghetti supper - and DQ ice cream cake. For Michael we had Papa Murphy's pizza.

Tomorrow I am headed on the team bus with Angela for a gymnastics meet. They are having a super good year with lots of improvements. Three more weeks and then they are done. We are usually ready for that as it gets to be a long season. Sunday afternoon Dan and I will go to the play that we had to cancel out of last week end. Run For Your Wife - sounds good???

Dan and Michael went snowmobiling tonight. Probably won't have trails open much longer so they have to enjoy it while they can.

1 comment:

farmermarvswife said...

glad you are feeling better!