Friday, May 8, 2009

The Golf Cart Ride

Ok Brenda (and everyone else), here is the golf cart story. We spent a day at Catalina Island while in CA. Dale was so excited about renting a golf cart and being our chauffeur. Sounded like fun!! We were given a map and had to follow a route - or I should say, we couldn't just go anyplace we wanted to. Maybe that was a good thing as I am afraid of where we might have ended up. This golf cart held all 6 of us. Dale at the wheel with Travis as co-pilot (first mistake to put those 2 together), Bonnie and Angela in the middle, Dan and I the brave souls who sat in back - also facing backwards. Well, our driver and co-pilot couldn't wait to see how fast it would go. Ha Ha - not very fast!! Which was definately good for our safety. Sometimes we weren't sure if we were going to make it up the hills or if Dan and I would have to get off and push. The sad part, we were even getting passed by golf carts!!! That did not go over well with Dale and Travis as the rest of us thought it was pretty funny!! Travis keeps telling Dale to "Go faster". Well, he was going as fast as he could. But sometimes it was too fast - going downhill or around some corners. We thought for sure we were going to tip over a few times. It probably felt worse in the back. Thank goodness for the seat belts. He did almost lose Dan one time. Anyway, it was fun and a beautiful, leisurely ride!!! Wow, 2 posts in one day!!!

1 comment:

Paige's Parents said...

Yippee! 2 postings in one day- I'm so excited...it's way past my bedtime but I couldn't NOT read these right now! I can imagine exactly how that golf cart ride was and I would have liked to been one of the riders on another golf cart watching you all! Imagine if Dad had a horn to honk? yikes.
Travis' turky story is sad, all that work for someone else! I happen to know a little about hunting myself (haha)and that is clearly just not acceptable hunting etiquette. Thanks for the postings!