Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!!

Thinking of all the mothers and just want to wish you all a Happy Day!! I enjoy reading the news of all you young mothers and seeing pictures of your families. Just remember how special you are!! I am especially thinking of those who may be experiencing the first Mother's Day without a mother this year. I think this is the time of year I still miss my mother the most. Many times I still wish I could tell her something or ask her a question. We never have our mothers long enough. Aunt Ruth gave Angela and Travis a "mothers" booklet I gave my mom so they could give it back to me. It is very special and I always try to read through it on this day. Several quotes:

"You taught by example, I learned by love." "I am who I am because of who you are." "Now that I have children, I understand the depth of your love." "You gave me your most precious gift: time and attention."

Your children are little for such a short time. Treasure these moments. As they get older, there are more moments to treasure.

Happy Mothers Day!!

4 comments:

Dale or Bonnie said...

Well, happy belated mothers day to you Elaine! Did your family take good care of you? We enjoyed having Brian and Becky and the twins here, along with B & J & Paige and also Robert Corfield, so we decided to just fix dinner here and Jesse did steaks on the grill. I too, felt the loss of my Mom and your Mom... would've set a place for them here too, in years gone by... I see you have a link to our blog... but sorry, there isnt much there yet! Love ya'll lots, Dale and Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Hi - Maybe I can keep in touch with you this way - seems all other avenues have fizzled, ha. Nice to read about your life and see your pictures. Hope you are headed out this way soon - sure miss you! Love, MaryAnn

The Parsons Family said...

Mary Ann - So glad for your comment. Hopefully we can catch up with one another one of these days. I did get your message last week end. We are coming out the first part of Aug. Don't go anyplace!!!
Elaine

Paige's Parents said...

Ah shucks make me cry! I cry over everything though. Did you notice that?...That after you had your baby(babies) you became a total softie and cry over everything!! It's nice though.
- Brenda