Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring - I think!!

Yes, it has been beautiful and we are enjoying warm weather and all the other benefits of Spring!! Travis is working on the lawn mower so he can start mowing lawn this week. He has also started playing baseball so that requires some practicing. Angela had her first competition in gymnastics last week. She received a 3rd place medal in vault and received a medal and flowers for being the "most dedicated". She really likes gymnastics and she is always going around the house or outside doing her routines!! They only have 1 competition in middle school. Next year will be more and sounds like she wants to keep up with it. I am once again enjoying leisurely mornings before going to work. Jesus has taken over my job milking cows so I no longer have to go out. It is great!! Dan is busy getting ready for the field work to begin. He and Jesus have become good friends!!! You do remember that Jesus is the Mexican!! Michael is kind of stressing with the last 3 weeks of school but he will make it. He graduates May 17 with an associates degree in diesel mechanics. He and 2 other boys are then going to Puerta Vallarta for a week before entering the real work world. He has had a very busy year with school and work. He and his friends are busy getting the house at the other farm ready to live in. He is anxious for that next step in his life. He thinks he shouldn't be 20 years old and living at home with mom and dad!! Doesn't bother me - but.... I won't report on Danelle since she has her own blog.

6 comments:

Danelle Parsons said...

Wow you did post before me. Now I gotta keep up with my mom. :) Just think in two weeks I will be around so watch out. Tell Dad he better be ready because I haven't not had someone to beat up lately!! And by then I will be fully able to tackle him. Well hopefully spring does come because i think it is just playing tricks with us! Love you and can't wait to come home for the summer!!! Well i'll be your neighbor so you might want to drop off some goodies to welcome your new neighbor :) haha

Dale or Bonnie said...

Hey, just think.... if you wouldve had more kids, you could be even busier! Your household sounds so busy, but just remember these are the good days! It could be so lonely and quiet without em. Makes us lonesome for you all!

The Parsons Family said...

Dale and Bonnie - we miss you guys too. I need to find out how to post pictures so I can put on some of our FL pictures. We have some good ones. So, maybe we will have a "marathon party" in Chicago!!! Sounds like fun. Danelle - so you want goodies!!! You and Michael make supper for the folks and I will bring the dessert!!

Danelle Parsons said...

UMMMMM wait a second I can actually cook dessert so how about the other way around? You make the real food and I'll bring the bad stuff

Paige's Parents said...

Elaine - Sounds like a great plan to have you all joining us in Chicago! I would love to see you on the sidelines :)
As far as the kids at home...WELL...tell Michael it doesn't mean he's a loser, just smart! I heard a statistic the other day that 35% (or some%) of 35to 40 year olds are moving back in with their parents; at least we're doing it now when we're 25 to get ahead and hopefully won't have to come back in 10 years! Not that it's a bad situation! Danelle has the right idea...our mom's know how to cook! But she's a step ahead of me...I don't even make desserts. Oh yeah, glad to hear that Dan and Jesus have become good friends; I hear he is the best friend we could ever have. :)
Love you lots...counting down the days until the reunion when we can all see each other!
- Brenda

The Parsons Family said...

Well Brenda, I'm not sure what went wrong but Jesus left us!! He wanted to go to CA because his family lives out there and his Dad was having surgery. Well, I had a feeling he wouldn't be back and we haven't seen him yet. I called his cell phone and he answered. But, that didn't get me anywhere because I couldn't understand a thing he said. No Spanish for me!! So, looks like we will be starting all over. AGAIN. It is very frustrating. By the way, I kind of like this blogging business. We actually communicate now!! And even your folks are "IN" now!! Wow - wonder if your dad will be posting??
Love you guys.
Aunt Elaine